Entries for the GFZ Postdoctoral Fellowship Program are now being accepted. Scholars from all over the world are welcome to apply. Two best applicants will be selected to receive the awards. To apply, entries must be received no later than August 31, 2018.
About the Sponsor
The GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences is the national research centre for Earth sciences. Research at the GFZ focuses on the geosphere within the highly complex System Earth with its further subsystems, its interacting subcycles, and its wide network of cause-and-effect chains. This we do in a close interdisciplinary collaboration with the related scientific disciplines physics, mathematics, chemistry, and biology as well as with the engineering sciences disciplines of rock mechanics, engineering hydrology and seismology.
There is no detail information.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral program which is aimed to promote the topics in GFZ’s research program, the topic innovation fund (TIF). TIF is intended as an incentive for the further development of the program topics.
Place of Study
The program will be taken in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
- You should be a junior scientists from within or outside the GFZ, holding a PhD in Geosciences or related fields that is not older than 8 years
- Every applicant needs a GFZ section that sponsors and hosts the applicant (‘lead section’) and at least one additional co-sponsoring section
- Applications must be supported by section leaders with a reference letter
- Innovative character of research proposed
- Interdisciplinarity within a program topic or between the program topics
- You should have an excellent record (publications, preparatory work etc.)
International students are welcome to apply.
To start your application, you need to register as an applicant. If you are already registered please use the login form.
August 31, 2018.