The Scholars Program is a $700 million initiative to educate young people – particularly from Africa – to lead change and make a positive social impact in their communities. Scholars will receive comprehensive scholarships, academic support, peer mentorship, career guidance, internship opportunities, transition-to-work support and access to a global alumni network.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2018
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa
Type: Undergraduate & Postgraduate
Eligible Field Of Study: Commerce, Engineering and Built Environment, Health Sciences, Humanities, Law or Sciences
Eligibility: In order to be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cape Town, applicants must be:
- Academically talented, must value learning and be driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged and facing significant financial barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back to their own communities once studies are completed, to return to their home countries and take a leadership role in promoting social and economic improvement.
- Citizens and residents of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Wanting to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level (Masters by research and coursework or research Masters, only). Honours applicants will be considered from 2016.
Application Process: To apply for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, applicants must first apply to UCT for academic study and placement. Only applicants, who have applied for academic study and placement at UCT, can submit an application for a Mastercard Foundation scholarship.
Click Here To Apply For MasterCard Undergraduate Scholarship
Click Here To Apply For MasterCard Postgraduate Scholarship
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information