Applications are duly expected from suitably qualified candidates for the Manchester University’s President’s Doctoral Scholar Awards.
The University of Manchester is currently accepting applications for the President’s doctoral scholar awards. The PDS awards will be given to 18 best applicants who will be commencing their PhD in September. Three levels of award will be granted; Full, Partial and Recognition award.
The University of Manchester has launched a £2.5m investment in PhD training with the creation of the President’s Doctoral Scholar Awards (PDS). The prestigious PDS awards are open to all nationalities and research areas. Within the Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, there will be up to 18 PDS scholarships available for PhD training opportunities starting from September 2017. Awards will be allocated to the most outstanding candidates who apply directly to the PDS scheme seeking full or partial funding support.
- Full Award – tuition fees and living allowance will be covered in full;
- Partial Award – can either fund tuition fees or fund living expenses, depending on the financial needs of the applicant;
- Recognition Award – for candidates who are not seeking funding support but would like to receive PDS status and take advantage of the additional training opportunities on offer;
- All those granted a PDS award will be invited to events such as seminars on leadership and making an impact with your research, as well as networking activities.
Level and Area of Studies
Doctoral degree in any field of studies.
Place of Study
At the University of Manchester, UK
Eligibility and Criteria
- To qualify, you must have obtained (or expect to obtain) a minimum first-class honours degree (or equivalent), and ideally hold a Masters-level qualification at merit or distinction.
- You must also hold an offer from The University of Manchester for a PhD programme and have a track-record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting your research to a wider audience, prizes/accolades for previous research work, representing your research group at external events, setting up collaborations, etc.
There is no nationality restriction.
The application form can be obtained from the website and application link below.
Please anticipate the deadline in February each year.