The global competition, hosted by BBC World Service and the British Council, in partnership with co-producers The Open University, offers the unique opportunity for playwrights to use the medium of radio drama to reach an international audience.
Anyone aged 18 or over and living outside the UK – whether you’re an established writer, completely new or anywhere in between.
- A synopsis which outlines your play is no longer than 400 words.
- A completed entry form (here), attached to your play and synopsis.
- A script for a 53 minute radio play with up to 6 central characters – we are unable to return these, so make sure you keep a copy.
PIECE OF INFORMATION
To Be Taken At (Country): London, UK
Number & Value Of Awards:
- There are three prizes to be won.
- Two first prizes – for the best radio plays by writers with either English as their first language or English as their second language. Both winners’ plays will be broadcast on BBC World Service.
- In addition, there’s the Georgi Markov prize – for the most promising script, this prize gives the winner a chance to come to London for two weeks and work alongside BBC Radio Drama and with BBC World Service journalists.
21st January 2018
For full information please visit the official scholarship website