This award is created to promote the participation of women in science and technology across the continent. In addition, the award program contributes to the promotion of Africa and regional development and integration through science, technology and innovation.
DETAILS ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Offered annually? Yes
To be taken at: Next Heads of States and Government Summit in January 2018.
Eligible Fields of Research: Prizes are awarded to top African scientists in each of the following two sectors
(a) Life and Earth Science; and
(b) Basic Science, Technology and Innovation.
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2017. For the National awards kindly contact National Academy of Science or National Research Councils. Expired but you can apply next year just subscribe to us via our email subscription to get the latest.
Offered Since: 2008
Value of the Award: The value of the African Union Women Scientists Regional Award shall be US$20,000 (Twenty thousand US Dollars conferred by the African Union Commission on two award winners.)
The African Union Scientific Awards will be awarded to African scientists who have remarkable achievements applicable to the prevalent challenges in Africa.
How To Apply: Interested females should download and completely fill in the application form.
Applications should be received by 31 October 2017 at the COMESA address below.
The Officer in Charge
AU Kwame Nkrumah Scientific Awards 2017 Edition
Gender and Social Affairs Division
Ben Bella Road
P.O. Box 30051
- Central African Region: Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Congo (DRC), Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Sao Tome & Principe.
- Eastern Region: Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda.
- Northern Region: Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Tunisia, SADR.
- Southern Region: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Western Region: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Visit The Official Website For More Information