The Leadership Enterprise for a Diverse America (LEDA) is currently accepting applications for the LEDA Scholars Program.
Leadership Enterprise for a Diverse America (LEDA) is offering the scholarship for junior in public high school (11th grader) students. LEDA Scholars come from low-income households and communities often ignored by passive college recruitment efforts. LEDA has opened the door to opportunity and maximized the leadership potential for hundreds of high-achieving, low-income students who might never have even considered applying to the nation’s most competitive colleges.
The amount of the award is varies each year but with their help, the students attend the most selective colleges and universities.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Students must be from low-income backgrounds. Eligibility is assessed individually based on the composition and income of a student’s family
- Students who will be first-generation college students are given particular consideration
- Students must be U. S. citizens, permanent residents, or have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status
- Be a junior in a public high school (11th grader) at the time of applying
- Have an unweighted cumulative GPA of at least 3.6 and class ranking within the top 10% of the high school class
- A record of enrollment and success in the most rigorous courses available to the student, e.g., honors, AP, IB, dual credit, or concurrent enrollment courses
- Exceptional analytical reading and writing skills, demonstrating preparedness for selective colleges and universities
- Scores above the national average on the PSAT, SAT, PLAN, and/or ACT
The U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
Application can be submitted online through the link below.
December 12 every year.