Applications for Fitzwilliam College Research Fellowships are now being accepted. Researchers from all over the world are welcome to apply.
The 2017-18 pensionable rates are: pre-PhD £18,777 – £21,585, post PhD £20,411 – £22,876.
Level and Area of Studies
Applications are invited for two Early Career Research Fellowships:
- In Economics; History and Philosophy of Science; Human, Social and Political Sciences; Land Economy; Law; Philosophy; or History.
- In a branch of the Sciences (including Mathematics and Engineering). This will be a Henslow Fellowship, funded by the Cambridge Philosophical Society.
Place of Study
In the United Kingdom.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Early Career Research Fellowships are open to graduates, women and men, of any university who have recently or are about to complete their doctorates.
- Candidates would normally be expected to have completed no more that 5 years full time equivalent post-doctoral research. Research Fellowships will not normally be awarded to people who have held comparable post-doctoral positions.
- Successful candidates will normally have submitted their theses by the commencement of the Fellowship.
- The statements of research should be no more than 1,000 words outlining the work candidates would submit in support of their applications, if requested, and the research they propose to do if elected. Please note that it will be read by people outside, as well as within, the candidate’s own discipline and should therefore be intelligible to scholars in other subjects.
There is no citizenship requirement.
Churchill College, Fitzwilliam College, Murray Edwards College, St Edmund’s College, Selwyn College and Trinity Hall operate a Joint Application Scheme for Early Career Research Fellowships. Applications will be considered by all Colleges offering Fellowships in the relevant subject. A total of eleven Fellowships is offered but candidates are advised that competition is likely to be intense; last year over 1000 applications were received.
Monday 13th November 2017.