Applications are duly expected from suitable candidates for Direct Energy Live Brighter Scholarship. The scholarship is open to those enrolled at college. Please note, eligible students should be the residents of one the countries listed below. The winning candidates will receive benefit of $5,000 or $2,500.
The Direct Energy Services, LLC is sponsoring Direct Energy Live Brighter Scholarship Contest. As they empower people to live brighter by using energy wisely and efficiently, the contest will provide students additional support towards their academic future. The contest will offer high school and college students the opportunity to receive up to $5,000 for use towards their college tuition. Each applicant must submit online the required application, which requires either a 500-word essay or link to their video creation.
– One (1) prize of $5,000
– Two (2) prizes of $2,500 each
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Must be a registered college student
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a resident of any of the states where Direct Energy offers energy services: Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and D.C.
- Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
Only the residents of countries are welcome to apply.
The candidates should either create a 60 to 120-second video (not including the 10-second title screen) or write a 500-word essay that responds to the following question:
“Direct Energy offers the tools and technology to use energy wisely and efficiently. We help our customers take advantage of energy choice to live a brighter life with accessible energy plans, innovative product offerings, engaging customer service, and high-end home services. How do you live your life brighter?”Video Requirements:
- Videos produced should contain information on how you live your life brighter as a student within your community
- Video may include other people, but Entrants must have permission from all individuals who appear in or are mentioned in the Video to use their name, voice and/or image
- Video must be original, and no longer than 120 seconds in length
If the Video includes music, then the music must be original music created and owned by Entrant
- If an iPhone or some form of a flip camera is used, shoot footage horizontally, not vertically
- Overall, select the highest resolution possible with any camera use
- May not be a corporation or company. Only one entry per individual
- All entries should begin with a 10-second full-screen “title screen” that includes the following information: Producer’s name (student), School name and School city, state
The application form must be submitted by Friday, September 30th, each year at 11:59 pm ET.